As I created a public personal blog with coda I have these pieces of feedback/feature requests:
- I would like to create a user base. With tools such as substack, it’s possible to create a newsletter where people can subscribe to get notified when there is a new blog post. It would be great to have that option with Coda. Currently its difficult because I’d have to make my blog “editable” to others. Also, it’s unlikely that viewers would be used to using Coda, so it would have to be something new designed as an “email-drop” of shorts.
- The ability to have comments: I’d like for others to add comments as they’d do in Medium or with a tool such as disqus.
- Currently, I have to create the list of blog posts manually. It takes me time. Ideally, the list would be auto-populated without me having to create it. Similar to how it happens with Wordpress.
- I’d like to create a blog for our company, not tied to my own name, but currently, I can only post with my handle @raul. It would be great to have one under the name of our company.
- It would be great if I could get reactions such as claps on medium, or likes on facebook.
- I’d love to see analytics similar to the ones in Medium.com for each article (section) and also for the entire document.
This is the piece: