Creating form for data entry

Is there any way to create a form so that anonymous user can enter the data in that form and it’s added in the coda table?

4 Likes

There are two ways to do this (both are workarounds becuase Coda doesn’t have forms).

1. Insert a button and and click “Show Record” so that there’s a form-like pop-up when users click that button: https://help.coda.io/controls/creating-workflows-with-buttons#buttons-faqs
  2. Connect to a 3rd party form. Integrating with Typeform through Zapier is the most popular solution: https://zapier.com/apps/coda/integrations/typeform/23016/save-new-typeform-entries-to-a-table-in-a-coda-doc.

Would love a native way of entering data without giving edit permissions, such as a form. Don’t have the :moneybag::moneybag: for all these extra subscriptions and add-ons.

5 Likes

Forms would be great!

Anyone find a new way to mimic form entry, or is the “Show Record” that @John_Coda shared still one of the main ways to do it? If so, I can’t find the “Show Record” option on the button that I"m trying to add. Thanks!

1 Like

It would be super cool if we could creating form for data entry.

One way to emulate forms is to use Display view of a table and set it up nicely:

Since entering data in such view means entering/editing data directly in the table, usually it may be a good idea to make a separate single-row table just for a form, and then add a button that would copy the data from this aux table to the actual one. This way you can add some sort of validation and error reporting, and prevent invalid or partial form submissions.

UPD: Just noticed the “anonymous user” requirement in the original post. Yeah, to do that you’d need to connect Typeform via Zapier.

1 Like

Airtable is doing it very well And its free!!!

2 Likes

You also can try this:

A button that open a form-like Record editor.

You can even improve this experience creating a button at the end of the record. That also can be used to “protect and secure” the actual database table. Where when you push the button the record is duplicated to other table and deleted from the “Form” table.

I hope it can help.

2 Likes