Thanks, but it I DON’T need the 2 way sync, just have the data come in to one doc via a form and then get replicated to another doc, how can I do that? (i’m guessing it’s simple, but this is my first time with Coda)
for the moment you have two options as far as I can se
embed the page in an other doc, but then the users must have access to both docs
use a webhook logic, below the blog I wrote about it, no user correspondence required. The pack is free and the set up not too difficult. The tedious and uncomfortable job is that you have to select the columns one by one on the wo sides. It results in editable values in the target docs.
@Christiaan_Huizer Hi, I’m using your webhook pack to send row data from one doc to another. However, I’m slightly confused by your Target Doc documentation. You wrote for Step 4: “You go to the “then” part and you set the values in your target table following this logic…” In the “Then” part of my automation, I selected “+AddRow”, picked the table that I’m adding the row to, but after that I’m not sure where to put the formula (thisRow.[Step 1 Result].ParseJSON(“$.column1”)? The “Set Values” fields don’t allow me to input a formula. The automation just puts the formula text into the row. Any ideas what I’m missing? Thank you!
When using Add Row in the Automation, when I click the button in the source table it works as expected, adding the content from each column of that row to the corresponding column in the target table. However, if I use “Add or Modify Rows” in the Automation, making sure to set up each column the same as before with the formula, when I click the button to Push to Target Doc, the Webhook gets an error:
Is there a way to see what the error is? I’m glad to provide any other info that would be helpful. Thanks!
Edit: Deleting my post, since I figured out my issue.
In making the 2 versions of the Automation, I started with the AddRows version, then Duplicated that and changed the Then section to AddOrModifyRows, not realizing that the webhook URL and API Token would be different. I copied those values into the button of the Source doc and it seems to be working. At least no errors so far. Still doing some testing to make sure it’s updating as expected.
glad you solved it,
indeed each webhook runs on their own tokens & urls, that is crucial
when I have multiple webhooks running in a doc, I have a table that contains all the tokens and urls per webhook to keep oversight.
The main thing is, that my contribution - although it works well - should be replace by a native coda solution that makes it way easier for makers to have a direct line between docs without the need for shared permissions (which is the case in the embed logic).