Delete block option

Hey, a delete option in the block’s parameters would be great, no ?

2 Likes

Absolutely, totally agree, I think this menu item should be available for all objects (paragraphs, images etc.)!

The new editor is developing great and very fast. Just added “Move Line” and now “Insert Line”, two very welcome additions to the context menu, so I am confident that the “Delete” option will be implemented as well.

2 Likes

100% agree. How can they missed this feature, a very simple user experience feature to delete a block!
Coda 3.0 was advertised as having building blocks, aka block editor.
This is the thing about Coda, many things requires 2 or 3 clicks or more than necessary.
I don’t understand how they forgot put the delete button there lol.

Another year has gone by.

Notion, ClickUp, FuseBase - in all these apps, when you select a paragraph, it works as expected and usual: the text of the selected paragraph is highlighted and a context menu appears showing the option to delete that block.

In Coda, even though a paragraph is a block element, you always have to manually select the entire text of the paragraph to delete the paragraph.

Coda, where “the future of Enterprise AI is coming soon” is focusing more and more on large enterprises.
I wonder what all these thousands of employees in these large enterprises are thinking when every time they want to delete a paragraph, they have to laboriously select its text down to the last letter with the mouse cursor, taking care not to accidentally catch parts of the previous or next paragraph, and then press the x key to finally delete the paragraph, - while the same could be done with two mouse clicks.

Context: In the more than two years that this has been in the suggestion box, exactly 10 people have voted for this.

There are many other requests with more, sometimes MUCH more, votes.

Well, I’m at a loss now.
Apparently usability is only important to me and 9 other people, out of 10,000 customers (private to enterprise) including all their team members.

Source: https://getlatka.com/companies/coda