Feature ideas for Table Export Pack

@Breno_Nunes no worries for the delay and thanks for sharing that doc. I see you have the ‘View of Table’ filtered using the User() formula (in your ‘Current Flow’ control), which behaves the same as a personal control. So unfortunately that won’t work for exporting filtered tables (views or originals). If you do what I did in the ‘View 2 of Table’ and filter it using a collaborative filter, it will export properly, but everyone will be able to see the changes.

The other option if you don’t mind not having it in a button is to use Coda’s built-in ‘Download as CSV’ button in the table options:

2 Likes

I got it.
Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Hey , @Courtney_Milligan1 I was wondering if it’s possible to know if the server was updated with the latest version of the doc.
The thing is, whenever I export a table, I have to wait some seconds after an edit is done, otherwise it won’t show up in my exported xml file.
I usually forget to wait and I end up with wrong data.
I have tested the native export to pdf and it always shows the latest version of the doc. It works the same way, server side.

Hey @Breno_Nunes! The data update delay is a known issue with Coda’s API, which is where the pack gets the table data from as packs don’t have access to the browser version of the docs they’re in. I’m not 100% sure how the Export to PDF works, but my guess is that it uses the cached browser version of the doc to get the latest changes (@Eric_Koleda is that right?).

As for solutions, there is a lastUpdated parameter in the Export formula that you can pass Modified(Your Table) into to delay the export until it’s got the latest data. The problem is that the Modified formula doesn’t work on Views or for interactive filters. The way around this is to create a new version of the table and add/delete rows rather than filter it. It’s not ideal, but it’s the best we have right now.

1 Like

Hi @Breno_Nunes and @Courtney_Milligan1 - I looked into our PDF export functionality and it uses a totally different (and kinda crazy) pipeline to generate those PDFs that avoids the delay in the API. The approach used there wouldn’t work in a Pack, so unfortunately the technique can’t be applied here.

2 Likes

That’s too bad it wouldn’t work in a Pack… thanks for checking though

1 Like