Font size for number columns

Hi there,

I’m still quite a newbie but maybe I’m trying to do something that can’t be done. In columns, if a column type is Text, then I can make it H1, H2, H3 etc. but if a column type is Number then it seems like I can’t change the font size at all. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dear @Bruce_Elliot,

That’s correct, as long as the number is living in a table, you will not be able to format at that location.
You didn’t share the use case you have in mind, but it’s possible to filter out a number of your table in the canvas and accordingly format it with the options available.

using conditional formatting WILL work

but

if you set the column type to TEXT, it will still show the same number but you can set the formatting to anything you like

there may be some minor impact on performance, using a character string field for numeric values, but it seems to work just fine. i’ve used this to be able to set the result of a calculation to large red digits

max

Thanks for your answer. It seems to be an oversight that you can’t format numbers. You can format numbers in MS Excel or Google Sheets. Why can’t you do that in coda.io? If you can’t then that should be a feature that gets added. Workaround solutions are too convoluted and awkward and definitely not intuitive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.