Help with sharing

Hi guys,

I’ve several questions on sharing:

(1) If I remove a member from the organization, do they still have individual access to the docs that they are shared with individually? I recently upgraded to TEAM because of this - It seems like folder sharing is so much more intuitive and visible, and with just one click you can control who has access and who doesn’t

(2) Let’s say I’m trying to automate hiring and onboarding. I think I need to first invite the person thru email to the organization space and invite them to the private folders. Can I do both at the same time?

(3) Can I automate the invites thru coda’s API? [question from (2)]

(4) Can people outside your organization join a private folder?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey @Jake_Nguyen ! Thanks for reaching out here in Community about sharing settings and member roles and permissions in your Workspace. First, I’d recommend checking out some of our help articles on these topics:

Hope some of that information helps clears things up! Below I’ve addressed each of your specific questions about sharing settings and permissions:

1. If you completely remove or offboard a member from your Workspace, they will no longer have access to any docs in your Workspace.

2. The signup/onboarding flow you mentioned is the best way to invite members to your Workspace at this time if you do not share the same email domain. However, if everybody that you are hiring is using the same email domain, I’d recommend adding an auto-join domain to your Workspace. More on how to do this here.

3. At this time, it is not possible to automate invites through our API. However, we have heard this request from other Makers. If you would like, I’d be happy to formally track your vote for this potential feature in our feature request tracking system.

4. When inviting somebody outside of your Workspace to a private folder, it will automatically add them to your Workspace. You will encounter a message saying, “The following people will be automatically invited to your workspace and have access to any public folders”.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Thank you, all set on my question

1 Like

Awesome Jake! Glad to hear that info helped :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.