How to make a card update a value when dropped on a specific column?

Hi all,
I want to create a drag-drop table (cards?) with several columns. Each column represents a number (purpose is relative estimation) and any card dropped on any column should receive the column-value as value for a certain field.

1. How can I get a record value to pick up the column-value?
  2. How can I ensure that all cards that do not yet have a value are dropped in the first column?
  3. Extra: to save screen space, how could I create only 1 table with columns and a selector-button to indicate which value I want to estimate at this point?

Fields per record:
WSJF: calculated value (Weighted Shortest Job First) = (BV+TC+RO)/JS
BV = Business value
TC = Time criticality
RO = Risk or opportunity value
JS = Job size

Values:
-, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 40, 100

Thanks,
Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Sounds like you just need BV to be a select list with your values, and create the card view of your table with this across the top. Then you can drag and drop between columns. To make sure everything starts in the first column, just set the new record default value to ‘-’.

There are limitations though: the ‘empty’ cols will not display unless you manually create the columns from table view by clicking the little + icon top right and renaming the column.

It’s also not very compact, and the width of the column is not customisable, although you can collapse columns which are not in use.

Check out the example below (see ‘Using Cards’):

Joe

Hi @Joe_Innes , thanks so much for the input! I have created the remaining views and it works like a charm :slight_smile:
BTW, is there a way to avoid having 4 views and only have 1 view with a variable focus that is triggered by a button (as opposed to the display icon)? What I mean is: can I trigger the display “Group cards by” selector by a set of 4 buttons each representing one of the values?
It is a nice to have to save on screen space …

Afraid I don’t think so at the moment :frowning: