Launched: Dark mode [Beta]

For me, at least, every conditional format settings have changed to a “custom” option (which I don’t remember to set this way or even that this option ever existed). I print here one of my tables that I didn’t fixed yet.

1 Like

Oh, I see. That is not intended. I will follow up with the team to see if there is a bug. Thanks!

3 Likes

i love you, and everybody you know

3 Likes

I appreciated your reply, Andrew, and really enjoyed reading the ‘Designing Coda’s Dark Mode’ doc - I know none of this stuff is trivial. Kudos again for getting the dark/light ‘appearance switch’ implemented.

Thanks for listening, and I’ll look forward to the next iteration of doc color customization when it surfaces - do let me know if I can offer further input!
-JT :sunglasses:

Likewise, JT! Our community is one of our super powers at Coda – ya’ll keep us focused on delivering great product updates for you. Thanks again for the great feedback.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s really good to know, and it makes much more sense now why some of my docs were looking weird. All of the conditional formatting and hardcoded hex colors in formulas are needing some attention. I will stop changing things around in the hopes that @Jasmine_Jones1 looking into it will fix itself.

For now, I’m off to play with this and see what I can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coda in dark mode on my Android Pixel 4a phone looks goofy with the stark contrasting White Top and Bottom Bars. Can you please make these top/bottom bars dark as well?

2 Likes

This is happening with iPhone/iOS too. I addressed this issue on their beta form, would be good with you do it too to aware then this is happening to all mobile platforms.

1 Like

This is awesome! Prior to this I was using the dark reader chrome extension

1 Like

Thanks for flagging. We are aware of this issue on mobile and unfortunately fell below our “beta” bar. It requires a new release of our mobile apps to fix so should be addressed in the next update hopefully.

Hey Guilherme, the change from our old Conditional Formatting UI to these preset options happened as part of this release:

It is not related to the dark mode release and has been this way for the last few months even in light mode. Perhaps it just flew under the radar since our goal was to make the transition to the new UI as smooth as possible.

Thanks! I think you are right since I didn’t changed the conditional formats I setup before that update. I think, with dark mode, this popped to my eyes just now. The dark mode is looking good and it really did help to have a more relaxing experience, I only need the fix for the mobile phones we mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Totally understand about the mobile issue and it’s on our list to do soon!

1 Like

Barcodes do not natively work in dark mode. The color of the barcode is too similar to the dark background.

1 Like

Any news about the mobile update?

1 Like

:bug: Bug Report:

I have dark mode engaged, but sometimes it loads into light mode and I have to click out and then back to get it to work:

Filed a bug for it! Thanks for the feedback.

Really guys, it’s about 2 months and no app update. You wanna keep things unfinished?

Well it is marked as a Beta feature. I’m very happy to have it available on Web. As it’s a cosmetic feature, IMO it’s not so bad to have mobile and web lagging a bit in the spirit of getting features out sooner.

1 Like

They had time to shift the secondary color from green to blue, how is this a priority feature? I believe there is a total lack of interest on making the mobile experience better, even in simple cosmetic adjustments.