Launched: Google Tasks pack to view, edit, and manage your tasks and task lists

Hi @loucadufault – I’ve been getting the following error when trying to authenticate an account with this pack, any suggestions on where I should look to try to resolve it? I’ve tried authenticating with three different Google accounts (2 from separate Google Workspaces and the third is standard gmail account), across 2 different paid Coda workspaces, and on two different devices, but get the same regardless of which account, workspace, and device I’m on. Thanks!

I should have anticipated this, but we have indeed run into Google’s cap on it’s allowance for users of unverified apps :confused:

Seems like the pack beta is closed!

Joking aside, I am working with Eric to actually get the pack verified which would remove the need to perform this workaround and allow more users (unlimited probably). If you are able to wait 1-3 weeks it should be resolved.

4 Likes

:joy: More than happy to wait. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hi @loucadufault just checking out whether you have managed to get your app verified… Very much lloking forward to using your pack! Thanks and Cheers!

The pack has been verified! The OAuth user cap is removed, and connecting a Google account should now be straightforward (will no longer require any of the workarounds posted earlier in this topic).

@Casey_Linehan @Laurent_Ades please let me know if you encounter any issues while setting up the pack.

Thanks to Eric again for making this happen!

3 Likes

This is great @loucadufault. Just finalised setup: no issue. Thanks for making this happen!

2 Likes

Has anyone tried interacting with tasks from Google Workspace Spaces? I tried a little bit without luck even when the task was assigned to me and visible in “My Tasks.”

Are there any plans for including a way to set the time of the task as well as the date? - Unless I’m missing something, it seems there is no way to include the time.

Not sure if this is possible, but I have a feature request.
It would be cool to be able to add extra data from Tasks that can interact with data in Coda. My example would be creating a sync table in Coda that syncs tasks from a certain Tasks list. This table would also have an additional lookup column that would assign the tasks to another table (eg. Customers) in Coda. What I would like to be able to do is add a hashtag or something when creating the task in the notes field that would correspond to the account name and would assign it that value upon importing to the Coda table.

You are correct that there is no way to set the time via the pack (only the date can be set). This is unfortunately a limitation of the Tasks API that powers the pack, see Featured Doc #Known Limitations. Feel free to +1 the issues on Google’s Issue Tracker to hopefully get it resolved.

1 Like

Really happy to discover this pack! Thanks so much for your work.

Support question:
Although my document timezone is correctly set (EDT (-4:00) America/New York), the Due Date comes in at what looks like Greenwich time. So for instance if I set a due date of May 6, 2023, the task populates with a due date of May 5, 2023, 8:00 pm. Is this an issue in Google Tasks, or is there something I can do in the Coda doc I’m using?

Suggestion:
In the demo doc (very helpful!) you might want to add a “Refresh Pack Table” button under the “settings” section on the demo page. It’s a good user reminder, but you can also chain it into other “Push Button” actions like completing a task or deleting a task to get the task table to automatically refresh after the button is pushed.

Thanks again for this pack!
J

2 Likes

Hi! I’m also glad to see this pack. Thanks @loucadufault for all the work that you’ve put in.

I have the same situation what Jack mentioned.

I imagine the workaround would be to add aditional columns to convert the time values to my timezone, and hide the originals, as well as adding the same math to any “Create Tasks” action so that the date ends up being the correct one for me. (I haven’t tested it yet).

2 Likes