Launched: Publishing with Coda

Hey Juan, we have Views in the Doc Statistics side panel now, do you mean the specific people who viewed?

:newspaper: :newspaper_roll: If you’d like to chat more about publishing, Glenn and I will be hosting a Behind the Building Block session on Friday. We’ll dig into the history of the feature, how the team worked to make it a reality, and answer your questions. Save your spot here.

See you there! :eyes:

2 Likes

Do you plan to make it possible to publish a doc without being listed on the maker’s profile page?

Or having the top nav layout as an option for shared docs?

My use case: I’d like to share a doc with a smaller group using the top nav layout and having the option for them to make limited interactions (e.g. push buttons, add rows)

1 Like

Hey Zsolt, we’re still exploring top nav in regular doc. Mostly it’s about scoping how much of the current side nav options we support (e.g. adding new sections/folders, hiding, renaming etc)

On the limited interactions piece that is currently possible via Locking in a regular doc.

1 Like

@maria and @Glenn_Jaume is there a way to dynamically show or hide content based on whether a user is logged in? I have made a few attempts and not had any success.

Thread here —> Published Docs: Show or Hide content based on whether user is logged in or not

1 Like

How do we set the default opening page of a published doc? I have a section opening which is lower down in the doc navigation but not the first page people should see.

2 Likes

Hi Glen,

I like this feature but I think Coda is missing a very importante componente (Input Field)

I have published one of my documents in play mode but this does not let the person change the text value that i use to update my formulas.

For me For Coda Docs to Be Apps this is one of the most important features.

Thanks,

1 Like

+1 on @Zsolt_Bako’s comment. I’d like to be able to publish—or more specifically, templatize—a document internally.

I guess the only difference between sharing a doc with a team and publishing it for the team is that I’d like a big fat copy button on the upper right. Use case: we have a timesheet that we replicate many times, but it’s got some sensitive data, so I don’t want to put it in the template gallery.

1 Like

You’ve reached the daily limit for doc shares open to the world. Please contact support to request additional quota. how do i bypass that

2 Likes

Hi @Ingrid_bega,

Welcome to the community!

You can use the “?” icon at the bottom right corner of any doc to contact our support team about this issue.

Same… is this only for the paid version?

Hi @Justin_spice,

And welcome to the community!

No, sharing is not for paid only. We do have some stop-gaps in place before allowing sharing broadly to prevent abuse, like spam. For now, if you can reach out to the support team using the “?” icon at the bottom right, they’ll be able to help you out.

@BenLee is it intentional for this stop gap to be in place regardless of whether we’ve shared broadly? I think I sent the private link to one person but still was blocked from publishing.

If your account is very new, then yes.

You can always reach out to support as well.

Is there please any way to use custom domain? So if publish doc, can instead of coda.io use mydomain.com/my-public-doc? Thanks!

1 Like

You can set a custom domain to redirect to a published doc, but not have the published doc read as a custom domain.

We definitely get requests for this feature and have a lot of notes on it. It’s not a project in the plans yet, but it’s something that we have looked into. So no ETA and not on the immediate roadmap, but that’s not saying never either.

One way to expand the use cases of Publishing with Coda would be to use a tool like Cloakist to show your Coda pages at your own domain.

2 Likes

In this case the error message is pretty much useless. :frowning: