When we upgraded the printing experience for Coda a few weeks back, we were aware that it was common to use a browser’s print dialog to generate PDFs from Coda. While a serviceable option, we knew we could do better. That’s why we’re excited to share that you can now export a single page as a PDF directly from Coda.
- Bring your cursor next to your doc title to expose the three-dot menu …
- Click the three-dots to open a drop down of doc options
- Select “Save as PDF”
PDFs will render in full color with automatic pagination and clickable hyperlinks.
A few things to know about our v1 support for PDFs directly from Coda:
- You can only export one page at a time, and must wait for your requested PDF to download before you can start exporting another page.
- At this time, we only support export of individual pages to PDF; we do not support exporting entire docs
- PDFs will export as 8.5 X 11, in portrait orientation. Landscape or size A4 are not currently supported.
- Wide tables will not be shrunk to fit the page, which may result in columns from wide tables being cut off in the exported PDF
- While hyperlinks are clickable and will bring you to the indicated website, references within the page (to people, tables, rows or other pages) are not clickable navigation objects
We realize not everyone with who you need to share content from Coda needs to login to a collaborative doc, and some important communication is better shared as a PDF attachment. We hope this update makes it easier for you to do more for your business with Coda. If you have feedback on PDFs in Coda, we’d love for you to share it with us here: https://trycoda.typeform.com/to/PaRNCkUK