Login Barrier for Sharing Coda Doc

Is there a way to create a login page so someone can only receive access to your coda doc once they have requested to sign up?

do you mean they can only see it once they have signed up to coda, or after they’ve signed up for your service (which might not require a coda account)?

Hi Connor, Im trying to think of a way to share so they can only see it once they have signed up for my service. I’m not sure a link will work as they could share that with other people.

Hi @Adrianna_Soto-Wright — first of all, welcome to the Coda community!

A dedicated login page isn’t possible like this, but you could use a form if you’re just trying to acquire email addresses.

Another way you could go about adding people is through a table and the Doc List Pack to share the doc to an email address that was entered. That email could be entered via an automation like Zapier, or could be entered manually.

FWIW, there are a couple people who add people with simpler processes:

Easiest: Send a link that is accessible to anyone, but leave it hidden from public view. You’d want to ask your customers to not share the link, but it’s the honors system.

Workflow: Share button > Share tab > Click ‘Only those invited can open the link’ > Anyone on the Internet with this link can view/comment (your choice)

Easy: Send people a link they won’t be able to access publicly and approve them when they request access.

Workflow: Share button > Share tab > leave ‘Only those invited can open the link’ > Copy the link and send it to approved users.

I am also working on a permissions doc with the Doc List Pack to make available for people in a few days :slight_smile:

2 Likes