Looking for OCR API to Coda

Hi,

Currently, I am way overpaying for a service that will OCR any email attachment that is forwarded to that particular service, called Veryfi. I am know there a ton of cheaper alternatives, so this is my ask for anyone who knows how.

I need an OCR that is very accurate with line item parsing of pdf invoices - then I need someone to make a pack that will take that data and make into a pack table for me to use in coda.

I’m offering $300 to anyone interested. I have no preference on the OCR service as long as its competitive pricing (if not free) and accurate in terms of line item extraction from pdf invoices.

Thanks!

Ryan Redmond

Hey Ryan,

Just went through a similar thing, including some accuracy testing.
Generally, I found that Veryfi - which I agree was quite pricey - had by far the most accurate line-item parsing of invoices. I also tested Google’s receipt OCR, Amazon, and Mindee. And while Mindee had a much better pricing scheme, it was making too many mistakes to be worth anything.

Eden.AI has a nice tool to test a number of the primary services against one another, with a free trial for credits.

Taggun is another service I’ve not tried that looks relatively promising. Even still, they all seem to be in the ballpark of 5-10 cents per receipt/invoice page. I have yet to find free receipt/invoice parsing OCR services that are worth anything.

That being said, I made a personal Verifyi OCR pack to integrate with Coda. If you’re interested in sticking with them, I could probably spruce it up enough for public consumption.

4 Likes

Hey there! Stumbled upon this post :wave:

My newly released PDF Pack can read the text of invoices, since it’s not OCR it cannot make such accuracy mistakes you mention!

Here’s an example! (Works on PDFs uploaded in Coda too)

1. Sample invoice: https://slicedinvoices.com/pdf/wordpress-pdf-invoice-plugin-sample.pdf
  2. Formula:
  3. Result:
Invoice
Payment is due within 30 days from date of invoice. Late payment is subject to fees of 5% per month.
Thanks for choosing DEMO - Sliced Invoices | admin@slicedinvoices.com
Page 1/1
DEMO - Sliced Invoices
Suite 5A-1204
123 Somewhere Street
Your City AZ 12345
admin@slicedinvoices.com
Invoice Number
INV-3337
Order Number
Invoice Date
January 25, 2016
Due Date
January 31, 2016
Total Due
$93.50
To:
Test Business
123 Somewhere St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
test@test.com
Hrs/Qty
Service
Rate/Price
Adjust
Sub Total
Web Design
This is a sample description...
$85.00
0.00%
$85.00
Sub Total
$85.00
Tax
$8.50
Total
$93.50
ANZ Bank
ACC # 1234 1234
BSB # 4321 432
Paid
1 Like

If you are looking for OCR I just released a new pack for that too!

2 Likes