Moving data from button to button/ Different data entry layouts in one table

HI Guys

I have a multi tasklist - the list of tasks includes many types of topics. SimpleTasks, Birthdays, Appointments, etc.

I would like to present a row of buttons for a person to click, which will then only present the relevant columns in a data entry screen. So I have created a button that will present say the fields for a simple task: colTask and colActionDate. In the background that row then needs to also have its colTopic column set to “Simple Task”. But I am not getting that done.

I have tried pushing two buttons - Display Form; Add “SimpleTask” to colTopic. But I do not know how to get the second button to update the same row as the form. Any suggestions?

(At this stage it is more an academic exercise to see what can be done with buttons - I can use the button to open the URL of the view, where the user can then just add the new entry. For some reason this only works with the URL to the View, not when I use the name of the view?)

Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

Any takers?

Thanks
Piet

hi @Piet_Strydom ,

I guess that this article of Maria might show a way out when you look how she deals with users and permissions per user:

https://blog.coda.io/theres-no-place-like-coda-for-the-holidays-727b92edb31e

It this something that might be of help?

cheers, christiaan

Thanks @Christiaan_Huizer , I’ll have a look.