Pop open a row with a button

@Keith_Punches that might be a bug. Let me talk to the engineering team and get back to you. In the meantime, if you ignore the notification it will disappear after a few seconds.

Thanks for your quick reply @justin

Yep, disappears after a few seconds most of the time but sometimes it hangs.

When closing the popup… I think the action puts focus on the underlying page. Seems to be the case anyway because the underlying table or layout is always outlined in blue like it’s been selected.

Hope that helps. Have a great day and thanks again.

@Keith_Punches the snackbar issue should be fixed now :smile:

1 Like

Great thank you @justin!

@justin It would be great to add a standard formula to do the opposite of Activate(thisRow)

Use case: I’m building a form intended for mobile and I want to make it easier for a user to open and close rows via buttons rather than the Coda app UI.

2 Likes

I’ve used a two button setup for this situation. Each button is just a “Open Hyperlink”.

First, create an “Open” button with the following code:
Concatenate(thisRow.Url(),"&modal=true")

Next, create your “Close” button that you can display on the popup, but hide in the table view:
thisTable.Url()

The “Close” button just links to the table you came from, so it acts to close the popup window.

9 Likes

Hi @justin, this works to link to a row in a table, but not to link to a row in a “view of a table”.

For example, I have

• Table 1
  • View of Table 1

Each of those has a different layout so I want to open the element with the layout corresponding the View of Table 1 but there is no easy way to do this.

Do you have a similar hack to open the row in a specific view of a table?

2 Likes

@Raul_San_N.H you’re correct. Your best option is probably to just open the row in the view using the expand icon on the row (without a button). The Activate() formula is a bit hacky anyway :smile:

@Raul_San_N.H if you build your URL like this - it would load appropriate layout.

Url(pick the view ) + ‘/r’ + RowId(thisRow) + ‘/&modal=true’

11 Likes

Hey @Krunal_Sheth, this works. Thank you for the hack ; )

(it has taken us some time to figure this out)

and @Raul_San_N.H you might find this useful Ever wanted to open a specific column in "BIG cell editing mode"?

2 Likes

This is only slightly off-topic, but right now if I use the above mentioned URL concatenation to build an endpoint for a QR Code, it will grant complete access over the document, not only the expanded row. Is this in consideration in the Permissions talks? Or would the permissions update nullify this issue?

edit: Not only does it allow full access, I don’t even have to be logged in to Coda to see everything.

@Joshua_Upton - not entirely following - just giving a URL out would never give out permissions to the doc to anyone.

I just scanned a QR code with a url to an opened row within a doc, i was not signed in to Coda on my phone, and It allowed full access to the entire doc.

edit: I said full access, it is view only, however that is bad enough for my case.

it shouldn’t be a view access either . if you didn’t share the doc - no one can get to document using URL. possible that you were logged in to your account on your phone?

I definitely wasn’t logged in, as it had the Sign In button on the top right of the browser.

please make sure you dont have sharing via link enabled on your doc - and if it is not shared there - please get in touch with us via in product chat - we would definitely want to see what is going on there.

Hey Krunal ! this was SO Handy . Thanks a lot for this insight. Game Changer

Any idea on how to do the same with the Open Big Cell Note Function with a button ?

The normal function would be this :slight_smile:

OpenWindow(Concatenate( Url(thisRow),"&columnId=c-ZK6pMUygtu&modal=true"))

!

!

Like this? Ever wanted to open a specific column in "BIG cell editing mode"?

Hi @Krunal_Sheth :wave: do I need to add for each layout a new view? As I understand, and what happend now with my doc, that I reached the size limit as I have like 10 different layout I want to use. Any thoughts on this? Thank you very much :pray: