Pop open a row with a button

please make sure you dont have sharing via link enabled on your doc - and if it is not shared there - please get in touch with us via in product chat - we would definitely want to see what is going on there.

Hey Krunal ! this was SO Handy . Thanks a lot for this insight. Game Changer

Any idea on how to do the same with the Open Big Cell Note Function with a button ?

The normal function would be this :slight_smile:

OpenWindow(Concatenate( Url(thisRow),"&columnId=c-ZK6pMUygtu&modal=true"))

!

!

Like this? Ever wanted to open a specific column in "BIG cell editing mode"?

Hi @Krunal_Sheth :wave: do I need to add for each layout a new view? As I understand, and what happend now with my doc, that I reached the size limit as I have like 10 different layout I want to use. Any thoughts on this? Thank you very much :pray:

Hi @thomas_raizedai,

If you’re looking to have a different display show for each scenario, then you’ll need to have a view with each display to point to. This workaround is using the view as the identifier to find the display. It would be nice to be able to set a custom layout without the need for the view, but we don’t have that at the moment.

1 Like

Hi!

Any idea on how I can create a button that would open a link from an adjacent lookup table?

Here’s my setup :

• Test projects
  • Test tasks with lookup on test projects

Here’s my goal

• add a button in test tasks that would open the related project

thanks in advance for your response !

@Thomas_Guyon

Activate(thisRow.project)

This should probably be added as an option in the button dialogue’s “Action” menu.

3 Likes

Thanks @BenLee for your feedback, even during weekend, much appreciated :pray:
Question: what then counts to a doc size, having various views from a table? e.g. each column I display? I have a table with around 1000 rows, but 30 views of it which the API tells me 131% size

Update: there is now an even easier way to do this. Just use the Open Row button action!

5 Likes

super useful, in particular now that is has the layout choice option.
Thank you Coda!

1 Like

Sorry, if I am being thick, but haven’t we had OpenRow() for a while now ? what changed?

Despite its name, the viewOrLayout parameter only accepts views - thus we still need to create views for no reasons other than to have some specific layout we need opened by a specific button.
Why can’t this parameter alternatively take the name of a layout to open?

2 Likes

Yes, I was confused too. I thought this was an update, but the only change is the interface in the button menu.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, not a new feature! I just wanted to close the loop on this old thread.

1 Like