I love the power behind coda tables, but I have a hard time figuring out the best way to handle our organizations task management processes. Let’s hope that some of you have ideas of how to solve this.
- We run an organization with multiple levels (one for each city and one mother organization country wide).
- Each local organization has an almost identical set of tasks for normal operations. Their main objective is to run the organization and help their members grow.
- At a local level, we have a set of tasks that are recurring every year (for operations). We also have single tasks that needs to be done one time (for a project)
- We change board roles each year. Hence the need for standardized tasks, set dates, good best practices and links to wiki articles and templates for recurring projects and bigger tasks.
- The national organization are there to tie it all together and to support the local organizations. Like this task management and wiki system we want to implement.
Our main goal
At the national level we want to be able to help the local organizations with a yearly standardized list of recurring tasks, templates for often used projects (like running an event or training) and be able to maintain and improve such templates and recurring tasks from one single spot.
Ideally this means…
- one single set of recurring task list for local organizations, but separate tasks for each organization to check status, comment, set assignees and so on.
- templates for much used projects and bigger tasks with subtasks (like arranging a training event)
- also allowing adding smaller to do items in the task list
- ability to maintain the list of recurring tasks as well as the templates for projects/bigger tasks from the national level
- ability to only allow the local organization to see their recurring tasks, projects and adhoc tasks.
- simple how-to for each recurring task (notes field with check boxes and linkes to wiki articles could work)
I’m pretty sure that much of this can be done in some way with the lookup functionality and forumulas. Any ideas would be very appreciated!