Send webhook to Zapier via button

Hey everyone! I’m trying to send a webhook to Zapier via a button and pass params from my table, but I’m not sure how Coda’s formulas are actually written in code.

I’m trying to append my table values at the end of my webhook url, which I think is exactly like how this is done in the following Airtable screenshot, only I don’t fully understand Coda’s notation. Can anyone help with this?

Playable doc below :slight_smile:

Thank you!!

Hey there @Derek_Rungsea !

You are going to need to change permissions on the doc so it is viewable to all. Thanks!

oops, ok hmm, I updated permissions and replaced the embed code…let me know if it works now!

Hey @Derek_Rungsea you can do this easily by creating a button that will AddRow() to a new Zapier trigger table. I typically make special Zapier tables with a :zap:icon.

Set each column in the table to be a field you want to pass to Zapier, so if you want to pass First Name, Last Name and Email Address all of those will be columns in your table AND each of those will be params in your AddRow() formula.

Then head over to Zapier and create a new trigger zap for Coda New Row Added to Table. You will be able to select the First Name, Last Name and Email Address as all column reference points to be used in your Zap.

Its easy to do! Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.

3 Likes

Hey you’re right, that’s definitely a clever way of doing this! And won’t require any of the webhooks. I must admit, it’s not quite as clean, as there will be two tables, but I can definitely move forward with this.

I’m going to try it thank you!