Set filter with a button

Hi everybody
I would like to put a filter of the table in the section via a button.
I can not get it though. Can someone give me an example?
The filter in the table to set directly works fine but the button does not work

2 Likes

Dear @Max_Huttmeier,

As far as my knowledge goes, you will need to create a control to be able to filter your table, buttons do not have this functionality
Below is one of the many supporting materials available:
https://help.coda.io/controls/filtering-tables-and-views-based-on-controls

Hopeful I have been putting you in the right direction.

Best regards,
//JP

1 Like

@Max_Huttmeier

As @Jean_Pierre_Traets mentioned, the best way would be to use existing controls to use as a filter.

I could see that in some cases you want to use buttons - here’s an example how you could do it. Doesn’t scale for all cases (like where you have big set of possible values to filter on)

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice. But my approach is different:
If a user in a view has filtered and sorted the data differently, he should be able to set a standard filter and a standard sorting with the button again.
So I need a function that writes a filter statement in the table filter and thus restores a standard.
Is this possible?
Greetings from cologne / germany

I like the idea; I don’t think it’s possible the way you’re intending to do it. You can do what Krunal suggested and turn the filter criteria into a column but that complicates it.

It would be nice to store a set of filters and sorts to a data set. Power BI has a similar feature called bookmarking. I’d be all for it.

1 Like

+1 on being able to save different configurations of filtering/sorting rules.

Having the ability to toggle between pre-saved configurations would be a huge time saver.

In most of my projects this would eliminate ~70% of my Views (plus navigating to those views and waiting for them to load).

It would also save the time and effort of rebuilding filter/sort rules after deleting them or modifying them for various purposes that don’t warrant separate views.

1 Like

I was actually digging around a bit. There’s a hacky way to do it:

1 Like

Here’s another example of how to filter a table using a button:

This has a separate table of filter settings that you can enable/disable via buttons on the canvas.

2 Likes