Todoist Integration

I am also interested in trying to set up via both API’s a two way sync, here is what I’d like to do:

I’m hoping to create a new ‘class’ of task in my coda that is a lightweight todo. I am coming over from Atlassian, and one issue I had there in my Confluence/Jira set up is there were in fact two types of assignable tasks in that suite:

• the classic Jira issue
  • tasks in Confluence, that could simply get checked off when done.

However, it was impossible to see them together in one area, and Confluence tasks were tough to get into a team members’ dashboard, so they were unfortunately not useful to us. But we did have a need for a “lightweight” task in our day-to-day operations, for example with things like “Hey Joe, I need a copy of that invoice” and so forth. That is much too easy an item for a Jira Issue, but all the same is good for a task, so Joe won’t forget!

We also use Slack, but are increasingly jaded as our team grows since Slack is hard to set up with good context to our company structure. We are getting lost at times when trying to figure out was something discussed in Slack, Email, or Jira issue comments.

What I’m trying to do, with the help of todoist, to solve all this is as follows:

Move over to Todoist’s Twist (has anybody tried?) from Slack. It allows any chat to be turned quickly into a simple Todoist todo.

Then, via API’s, I’m hoping to set up a two-way sync between Coda and Todoist.

I will create a type of task group in Coda called “simple.” It will go alongside other tasks I’m going to use that are normal “issues” in that they’ll have a workflow, be on a Kanban board, etc. Basically clones of how Jira Issues work. My team is mainly web development so I need this.

If this works, I’ll surface up in each team member’s dashboard both types of tasks for completion. They can have the option to quickly knock out in todoist, or do tasks and mark “done” in Coda, and both systems will update. I’m hoping with twist to get much more context and visibility than I have now in Slack, which is becoming a graveyard of loose requests, convos, decisions, etc. and actually reducing our productivity.

Would love to hear if anybody has any success with getting the two-way sync going with Todoist and Coda via API’s!