Using Reactions in 2 way sync tables?

I’m building a 2 way sync table and I’m wondering if there is a way to integrate reaction columns w/ an outside data source. Basically I’d like to be able to tell Coda that the column is a Reaction column type and be able to save when people make reactions just like a normal row update.

Is there a way to have access to columns that are not in the pack?

Thanks for your help.

I played around with some tables and I can turn an array of people references into a read only reaction column. I could build a button column that would allow updating reactions, but it would be a little clunky. It seems like it wouldn’t be hard to add something like coda.ValueHintType.Reaction and have it behave just like a list of people which it seems to be under the hood.

@Eric_Koleda @Paul_Danyliuk thoughts?

1 Like

Hi @Josh_Shupack - I am seeing that a mutable Person array column, when converted to a Reaction column, isn’t editable. I think that’s likely an oversight by the team, but I’ll have to look into that.

I checked with the engineering team, and apparently Reaction columns work slightly differently under the hood and more engineering work is required to allow them to work with two-way sync. I’ve put this request on their radar, but I don’t know if/when they’ll be able to prioritize it.

1 Like