+1 for an Evernote Pack.
I could basically build an ERP with Coda if packs were added for RingCentral, Ultradox, and Xero. So priority on those please!
The main reason I’m so excited about Coda is the prospect of being able to create tools to help me automate business processes and pull data together from various and sundry web services into an environment where it can be tracked and managed in a singular portal. Packs are critical in making that a reality, and I look forward to new releases. Here are some categories that I think should be prioritized:
- Google Sheets and Forms - this is a no-brainer and should be top priority in pack development for several reasons. It’s fairly easy to accidentally delete data in Coda, and I would very much prefer to store information in Google Sheets (which supports versioning) and then pull the data into Coda to run formulas and commands on it. Also, I have a lot of existing Google Sheets which I use to collaborate with third parties, and while I may not want those third parties to have access to Coda, I would want to use the data from the sheet in Coda. Zapier isn’t a good workaround due to the volume of requests (and the fact that it can be buggy and slow at times). This would also greatly extend Coda and bypass the need for a large number of packs to be built (for instance, there would be no real need to have packs built for banks to push banking data into Coda, because services like Tiller already export banking data from multiple services into Google Sheets).
- Some Sort of Merchant Services / Credit Card Processor (PayPal, Stripe, Square, etc.) - There are many use cases for sending payment requests to clients, storing payment information and automatically running payments based on events (like a completion of a task or approval).
- HR / Payroll Services (Gusto, Square, Everlance, etc.) - It would be extremely helpful to automate expense reports, PTO requests, and time tracking.
- Accounting Services (Xero, Invoicely, Freshbooks, etc.) - Again, many use cases for automating to eliminate redundancy of data input and bringing in accounting data to use in Coda.
- VOIP Services (RingCentral, Grasshopper, Dialpad, etc.) - For anyone attempting to use Coda for CRM purposes, this is crucial. As mentioned before, Zapier is buggy and slow, and a direct integration would greatly extend Coda (imagine a button that could automate the submission of a phone call request to a client, saving their response in a table, blocking the time on your calendar, and then triggering your VOIP system to call the client automatically at their requested number at their requested time…going through the process of contacting a client to schedule a conference call currently takes me 10-15 minutes without any phone tag, and being able to automate it would be a total game changer).
- Document Generation / Automation (Ultradox, PandaDox, Google Documents, etc.) - Again, use cases are fairly obvious, and it would massively extend the functionality of Coda. It would be heaven to be able to have a button that could trigger the creation of a proposal (or report, letter, etc.) and save the file in a Coda table.
- Print and Shipping Utilities (Google Cloud Print, Stamps.com, Shipstation, etc.) - Enabling automation that would trigger printing of documents, creation of shipping labels, then tracking shipping progress in Coda.
@jerols Any word on a deliverable date for “Coda Pack?” Really, really would be beneficial. Thanks!
Update: Adding @Al_Chen_Coda to this request for an update!
Yes please @jerols we definitely need this!
They pulled it. Nice to know it’s on the way though!
Nice catch @John_Beaudoin_Jack !
It probably means the feature is on its way!
Ominous that they pulled it, though. Coda, don’t go breaking my heart!
The Coda pack is still coming. It’s being actively worked on, along with a bunch of other great improvements to packs.
That hand you see waving wildly in the distance? It’s mine, volunteering to beta test the Coda pack!
Cannot wait to see this, my biggest want of Coda alongside permissions - although maybe this will include them to some degree, for example viewing certain rows in one doc from another doc would have some permissions attached?
Thanks @jerols for updating the community!
I look forward to a Mailchimp pack!
Get Data from Google Sheets automatically refreshed please
Hi Lane! Is there any update regarding this pack? I’m in the middle of building it with Google App Scripts and both APIs, but would be way better with a native pack.
Which one, HubSpot? cc @Glenn_Jaume
I look forward to a Square pack!
must needed to use coda as front end app. Agreed.