Detail View - Search every fields and not only the Display Column Field

“Display View” is a very usefull view but, for the moment, when we do a search using the “search field” at the top, the search is only made through the “display column field”, which is not enough.
Imagine that I have a “contacts table” with fields like: “company”, “contact name”, “phone”, “email”, “address”, “zip code”, “country”, “notes”.
I would like to do a search by company name, or by person’s name, or see all my contacts from a specific country, or find a contact related to a specific note I wrote, or find to which contact a phone belongs, etc, etc.
Making the search available to every fields on a table, would be a great evolution for Coda.
Who agrees with me?

6 Likes

I need it too, it would be great having some setting to specify “search fields”.

2 Likes

Massively late to this party, but yes I absolutely agree that this would be incredibly helpful

I also agree, although what I usually do is construct a Display Value column out of all important pieces of data, not just designate one of the data columns (e.g. Full Name or Product ID). This way I have a helpful summary of information wherever that row is referenced, no matter the context:

This makes it more searchable, but also takes quite a bit extra of doc space (a longer string is not only stored for each row, but also for every reference when it’s displayed.) So balance is required there, and converting that to plain text is also a must.