Launched: Personal canvas controls

With new canvas control settings, it’s easier than ever for teams to view, edit, and collaborate on table data.

Previously, changing a canvas control value would update the corresponding table data for everyone. Now, you can select personal mode within the control’s settings, and the table will filter just for you.

No need to screenshare. When you choose the collaborative mode option, everyone will see the same data.

Animation of creating an interactive control to filter a column

Learn more about creating controls here. All existing controls will stay collaborative by default, but new controls will be personal by default.

Ready to take it for a spin? Copy our initiative tracker template and see how Coda takes the bumps out of collaboration.

51 Likes

Wow!!
This is indeed a game changer!

I expect makers will literally celebrate (I am) :tada: :tada: :tada:

18 Likes

Ho it’s really good :slight_smile: , i love this.

Thanks for this update ^^

6 Likes

Wowwww this will to simplify so many things

6 Likes

yes the evolution of permission management !

7 Likes

I think I teared up a little and by a little I mean :sob:

15 Likes

Totally a game-changer. No time to celebrate; only time to put this to its amazing potential.

Okay - so - as a HUGE admirer of the canvas architecture, the ability to dynamically branch and display information through indirection is just so architecturally right, no words can describe the agility possible with this and other features.

You know that feeling when you realize a technology design has been so deeply considered that it’s beginning to seem like magic? Even at my age, I have only experienced this a few times, but you Codans are truly changing everything.

Most vendors would have an event and a press release for something like this. At Coda this is just Tuesday.

20 Likes

Who needs a press release with a post like this?! :blush: :pray:

Thanks for the nicest words, @Bill_French2

11 Likes

A real game changer, indeed!

Wow, have been waiting for this for years!

Well done codans!

9 Likes

I’m over the moon!!! Thank you for this update!

6 Likes

Wow. This is huge. Congrats to all codans.
I love the idea of creating a doc to demonstrate the new feature.
I should be done this way for every launch. No matter how small it is.

6 Likes

game . changer !

Thanks!
:heart:

5 Likes

I do want to also give a HUGE shoutout to some of the amazing community partners here that had developed ways and tutorials around this shortcoming - especially @Paul_Danyliuk many of us owe a big thanks to you for saving our asses.

7 Likes

I will stay polite, but f*** yeah!

7 Likes

Glad this finally exists, great work Codans! And love that personal controls are now the default, right > familiar.

13 Likes

Finally! :tada: I’ve been waiting for this feature for quite some time - I’ve been dreading to have to create dedicated views for different team members so they could all use the planner at the same time.

Maintaining such a system just ate too much time that otherwise I could have invested in upgrading our docs and growing the adoption of Coda amongst my colleagues.

Does the roll-out of the new feature take longer to reach all countries? I don’t yet see the option in existing docs and I’ve also copied your template - still nothing: Screenshot by Lightshot :disappointed_relieved:

Does anyone else have this problem?

4 Likes

What’s next - an :ok: button on Modals popups???

3 Likes

@Alexandru_Manescu Personal controls are only available on docs on version 169 and above. You can check your doc’s version by going to Document Settings > Statistics.

If your doc is on version 169 or above, make sure to refresh the page to get the latest updates.

4 Likes

This announcement deserves a hype video trailer to go with it…
For now…we’ll go with this:
:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket: ***SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!***:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

6 Likes

I’ve refreshed and even signed out and signed back in - initially I didn’t get the update;
I guess my account was overly excited as well :sweat_smile::laughing:

Now after a couple of refreshes I see it!

Thanks Kelsey for your quick reply :pray:t4:
Once again, your support and the community you guys managed to build leave me in awe :muscle:t4::metal:t4:

6 Likes