What small improvements to Coda would be the most impactful for you?

I would also really like this :smiley: Sometimes its just hard to tack everything, especially when you come back to table after some time :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Better Timeline view

It does not show the tasks correctly timed when you switch to Fit mode and the task is > 10 days

More export possibilities like in Notion or Craft (Markdown, XML, xlsx, word… )

1 Like

These may not be small enough, but here goes…

• A Safari web clipper extension would be awesome — I prefer Safari over Chrome for privacy reasons.
  • Anything that improves offline workflow. Would love to be able to OPEN a doc while offline, not just edit it. Even if that’s a manual choice.
  • On mobile, option to stay in edit mode for a given doc.
1 Like

+1 for not allowing users to unhide pages

2 Likes

Yes I have users who are using the column for notes and they type a date or ‘true’ and then it turns into a checkbox and its locked so they can’t set it back and they get stuck.

2 Likes

Another idea I was just talking with @ebunge is a “Save to PDF” button. It would take the desired page as a parameter and then start generating the PDF without having to do it manually from the concealed top-left menu.

Even if it’s necessary to navigate to the desired page prior to printing, the action button will make the UX much easier for most users

4 Likes

I shared one on Twitter: synced blocks. This is one of the few things I miss from Notion. I’ve gotten around it by making a table with a single canvas column and row, but pasting that as a new view on multiple pages really muddies up my doc maps.

Also, it would be awesome if we could choose the layout of the tables card view a bit more. Example: I want each card to be a certain width and/or height, no matter the information displayed within it. Or even, I want the card view to show 4 across instead of 3 across.

3 Likes

Another small improvement: let PDF export remember my preferred page size.
It’s annoying to keep setting it from Letter to A4, the format we universally use in Europe, every single time.

Also, page breaks.

7 Likes

That’s a good one, would help a lot with some of the documentation we are generating from Coda :slight_smile:

1 Like

API support for moving docs from folder to folder

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out to us, @Brian_Klein !

Some points I could imagine to be implementable quickly:

• International Date Format with dots, since mixing up DD.MM.YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY is confusing

• Language Support für Calendars (month and weekday names)

• Multiple selection and editing (“remove X rows here”) of rows in a lookup column with table view

• The “choose row” button respecting the filter that has been set for selectable items for this column

• Dragging of cards/rows to other groups should respect the selectable items in the column thats grouped and changed by dragging

• An “ActiveRow(DetailView)” formula that returns the currently opened row in a Detail View

• The option to disable direct editing of the layout again (like it was before), as doc structure and content should be seperatable

• Scrollable width inside the formular editor, so there will be no more unwanted line breaks

2 Likes

“Row added” in the automation options. (Maybe not a small fix, but wanted to add it here since I’m constantly doing workarounds to this.)

Also, I’m not sure if I saw on this post or on Twitter, but it would be great if the notifications that pop up at the bottom when a row is added, deleted, or some action is taken could be either a skinnier bar, doesn’t last as long, or both. I often need to “x” out of the bar because it gets in the way of the next thing I’m working on.

2 Likes
  • comments in formulas
  • drag-and-drop an image into a comment. at the bottom in an expanded row on after clicking on an
    avatar on the right. often much faster than clicking on the paperclip and find a file again you are already looking at
  • more field sizes in an expanded row. i have many checkboxes and links and toggles but i can only fit 4 per row. feels like a waste of space
1 Like

Oh, I’ve got another one!

I want to be able to restart Row IDs on a table. Perhaps a “purge” feature I could manually use on individual tables.

Scenario: I made a doc for myself that I later decided to turn into a template. Maybe it’s a perfectionism thing but if a person copies my template and starts using Row IDs for any reason, I wouldn’t want those to start with e.g. 63

4 Likes

Generate a new doc with template already inserted from button, make templates available in the API, etc. Can do it all manually…

Another one:
Ability to show/hide Activity separately from Comments in a row detail view. We disable comments for various views to keep them in other places, but then we can’t easily see the row history. These two things are totally unrelated (comments vs history) and it would be great and hopefully simple to allow toggling them separately.

2 Likes

Easy recurring tasks. I love how ClickUp does their recurring tasks - makes it super easy for the user to choose frequency, if it recurs whether or not something is marked complete, and if the item should be duplicated, or just the dates changed.

2 Likes

I currently use Notion and I adore the system, but I’m moving some information into CODA for specific functionality which I think is going to be amazing. However, I am really missing a couple of things that Notion offers, that make everything, visually, very helpful to find information and recognize information throughout “my system” and various points of reference/tools I use throughout the day (namely my phone).

With Notion as a reference point, I would really appreciate the following in Coda:

• PLEASE add IOS widgets that are minimal and clean (for example being able to see the cover photo of the page and the page title as the widget visual). I really wish I could see my studio dashboard from the widget and quickly access info instead of always having to go into the app and click through a bunch of pages. I’d love to be able to have a widget that links directly to a specific page, and also a widget where I could add favourite pages from a workspace. Example in the image below the top two widgets are specific pages, the bottom widget, a selection of “favourite” pages with the option to quickly add an item to Notion in general.

As I’m a new user I can only embed one image in this post so please see my next comment with my second feature request :slight_smile: Thank you!!

5 Likes

I’d also really appreciate:

4 Likes