Four years ago, we shipped Coda 1.0 to a small group of fans, including a number of familiar faces in the Coda community. Since then, millions of makers have made Coda their home to supercharge their work, stay organized, and foster collaborative workflows. And along the way, we’ve listened closely and shipped features, updates, and even the occasional bug fix () on a daily basis.
But every once in a while, we package together a set of updates that we think represent a larger shift. You’ve seen these as “dot oh” releases. In Coda 2.0, we shifted from individuals to teams by adding workspaces, Cross-doc, locking, and Maker Billing. In Coda 3.0, we opened up the creative ecosystem with a brand new editor and the ability for anyone to make a Pack that integrates Coda with third-party applications, and many of you have accepted the invitation to build and sell your Packs. I’ve watched Coda evolve from being primarily a team-level tool to seeing entire companies (like Qualtrics, Zoom, the New York Times, DoorDash, Toast, Figma, etc.) elevate Coda to a business-wide platform.
Today, I’m excited to unveil Coda 4.0 as a true all-in-one platform for businesses, now with AI. Here’s the summary:
- Coda AI is coming out of beta, unlocking the most connected AI work assistant that can truly understand each person, team, and company. With 600+ public Packs, Coda (and now Coda AI) integrates with more applications in your company than almost any other tool. Oh, and in a world where everyone seems to be adding an AI up-charge, we decide to include AI for free for Coda Doc Makers.
- We’re extending our ability to be your team’s single source of truth, with features like two-way sync, full-page embeds, and sync pages.
- The Coda Free plan is getting free-er: We’ve heard you loud and clear: You want to be able to build in and explore Coda without artificial doc size limits. That’s why we’re removing doc size limits on the Free plan for unshared docs. Once you share your doc, limits will apply.
- We’ve created a set of end-to-end solution kits for every team, with a series of Ultimate Coda Handbooks (from Product, Sales, HR, IT, Marketing, Design, Exec, etc.). Oh, and there’s also a set for teams transitioning from products like Confluence, Notion, Airtable, Asana, Google Docs, etc.
- Dozens of other smaller improvements. Since shavings make a pile, we also took our customers’ most common requests and shipped creative solutions.
We can’t wait to see what you Coda!